What is the 2021 Ford Edge Towing Capacity?
If you’re considering a new Ford Edge, you might be wondering about it’s towing capabilities. The 2021 Ford Edge towing capacity is 3,500 pounds maximum. Its cargo features make it easier for Albany drivers to tow small campers, boats, jet skis, and more, safely and confidently. Below, you can learn more about the Ford Edge engines and towing features in this handy guide from Ford of Latham.
2021 Ford Edge: Towing Features
Let’s take a closer look at the towing features that make the Ford Edge towing capacity possible:
- Class II Trailer Tow Package is necessary if you need to tow 3,500 pounds (possible with all-wheel drive).
- Hill Start Assist automatically holds the brake when the vehicle is on a slope to stop the car from rolling backward as you move your foot from the brake to the gas pedal.
- Intelligent All-Wheel Drive uses sensors to keep tabs on traction and helps balance torque between the front and rear axle to provide as much traction as possible.
- Traction Control reduces wheelspin by lowering throttle output.
- Trailer Sway Control gives you the ability to tow more confidently by applying the brakes or lowering engine torque when it makes sense to maintain control on Schenectady roads.
Where does the Ford Edge get its towing strength? The two Ford Edge engine options are the source! Learn more about the Ford Edge specs below:
- Twin-scroll 2.0L EcoBoost I-4, Turbocharged, Direct-injection engine generates 245 hp, 275 lb-ft of torque. This engine tows up to 1,500 pounds.
- 2.7L EcoBoost V6, Twin-turbocharged, Direct-injection engine generates 335 hp, 380 lb-ft of torque. This is the engine you want if you’re looking to achieve the maximum 3,500-pound towing capacity.
Want a performance-focused Ford Edge? Consider the Ford Edge ST, which include cluster/paddle shifters, enhanced active noise control, revised electronic throttle programming, sharp engine braking, and more.
2021 Ford Edge Towing Package
With the Class II Trailer Tow Package, you can further enhance the towing capabilities of the Ford Edge. This package is standard with the Ford Edge ST, and is available on the SEL and Titanium AWD configurations. Trailer Sway Control comes with the package, and makes towing around Clifton Park safer by adjusting the brake pressure and dialing back engine torque to hep the Ford Edge course correct is sway is detected.
Learn More About the Ford Edge Towing Capacity at Ford of Latham!
The Ford Edge engines and towing features work in tandem to make it a compact yet powerful SUV that’s capable of big things. Ready to experience the Ford Edge from the driver’s seat? Contact us online or call us at 866-980-7838 to schedule a test drive in Latham, NY or to learn more about our new vehicle specials.
More From Ford of Latham
The 2022 Ford Maverick is a hybrid compact pickup truck that offers both fuel-efficiency and towing power, and Ford fans around Latham are already singing its praises. What is the 2022 Ford Maverick towing capacity? The standard towing capacity starts at 2,000 pounds, but when equipped with the tow package, it can haul up…
For its 2022 model year, the Ford Super Duty receives an updated interior but maintains its towing and payload capacities from the 2021 model. What is the 2022 Ford Super Duty towing capacity? It depends on whether you choose the F-250, the F-350, the F-450. However, an F-450 with a V8 diesel engine, a 4×2…
The Ford F-150 Lightning is the newest addition to the Ford truck lineup, and it’s bringing strong electric performance to Schenectady roads. As one of the first EV (electric vehicle) trucks on the market, the F-150 Lightning offers a gas-free ride that doesn’t compromise on strength. Learn more about the 2022 Ford F-150 Lightning specs…