What is the 2022 Ford Edge Towing Capacity?
If you’d like to hook up your small trailer or boat to your brand-new SUV for the occasional road trip around Troy, you’ll be excited to learn the new Ford Edge SUV towing capabilities. Perfect for weekend trips, the 2022 model can tow up to 3,500 pounds when it is properly equipped! See how the capability changes with different Ford Edge engines and then learn about features that will help you harness this power on the roads. Without further ado, here is our 2022 Ford Edge towing capacity guide!
Ford Edge Engine Options
The towing capacity is impressive thanks to the two Ford Edge engine options available, which include the best-in-class V6 engine:
- The Twin-Scroll 2.0L EcoBoost I-4, Turbocharged, Direct-Injection engine produces 245 hp and 275 lb-ft of torque. This engine can tow up to 1,500 pounds.
- The 2.7L EcoBoost V6, Twin-turbocharged, Direct-injection engine goes all out with 335 hp and 380 lb-ft of torque. This engine achieves the maximum 3,500-pound towing capacity.
If you’re looking for a powerful performance near Albany, the Ford Edge ST might be the trim for you. It comes equipped with cluster/paddle shifters, enhanced active noise control, revised electronic throttle programming, sharp engine braking, and much more!
Ford Edge Towing Features
The 2022 Ford Edge towing capacity outstands most average SUV towing capabilities in its class, but with its features, you can handle the power in the Schenectady area with even more confidence. Here are some of them that make up the reliable yet easy-to-maneuver Ford Edge towing experience:
- Class II Trailer Tow Package is required to achieve the Ford towing maximum of 3,500 pounds (when equipped with all-wheel drive).
- Hill Start Assist automatically holds the brake when the SUV is on an incline to prevent backward roll as you’re switching your foot from the brake to the gas pedal.
- Intelligent All-Wheel Drive uses sensors to monitor traction and balance torque between the front and rear wheels to maximize traction and for better handling.
- Traction Control limits wheelspin by reducing throttle output.
- Trailer Sway Control allows you to tow more confidently by applying brakes or reducing engine torque when necessary to maintain control.
Ford Edge Towing Package
Bump up the new Ford Edge towing power with the Class II Trailer Tow Package. This package is standard on ST while it is available on SEL and Titanium AWD models. Plus, it also boosts your confidence when towing! For example, the included trailer sway control helps navigate safely by detecting the amount of sway of the trailer and adjusting the brake pressure or reducing engine torque for as much control as possible.
Test Drive the Ford Edge at Ford of Latham
There’s no doubt this SUV towing power won’t upgrade your adventures near Latham that require some towing. Come by Ford of Latham for a test drive today before using our new vehicle specials for a brand-new model!
More from Ford of Latham
For 75 years, the F-Series trucks have been gracing worksites and outdoor adventures in Troy and beyond. To celebrate this exciting milestone, Ford is introducing the 2023 Ford F-150 Heritage edition. With a modern rendition of the features that will take you back to the 1970s and 80s, this model represents the legacy the…
Shopping for the right vehicle isn’t a walk in the park. Even when you’ve found a model that’s known to be durable, you still need to ask the right questions like “Does it have enough space for passengers and items” and “Does it fit in my garage?” before taking it home. The new Ford…
If you’ve seen any of the Ford F-150 Lightning specs, you would know that this pickup truck is no joke. It packs a punch, making it a promising pick if you’re in the market for an upgrade near Troy. But how is the F-150 Lightning tow power? When properly equipped, the 2022 Ford F-150…