2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Specs
The Ford F-150 Lightning is the newest addition to the Ford truck lineup, and it’s bringing strong electric performance to Schenectady roads. As one of the first EV (electric vehicle) trucks on the market, the F-150 Lightning offers a gas-free ride that doesn’t compromise on strength. Learn more about the 2022 Ford F-150 Lightning specs with Ford of Latham below, then contact our team to see this all-new truck in person!
2022 F-150 Lightning Performance
While the 2022 Ford F-150 is all-new, it highlights everything you love about the Ford truck lineup while adding cutting-edge EV technology for an ultra-efficient ride. Read about some of its performance highlights below:
- The F-150 Lightning offers instantaneous torque with its set of two inboard motors, lending power to a standard 4×4 system.
- An advanced lithium-ion battery pack is protected from damage with a unique exo-structure, located in between the frame rails. This means you can take off-road trails without worrying about your batteries.
- The independent rear suspension reduces body roll and smooths out Albany road imperfections while improving your handling. This results in unparalleled performance across any terrain.
- The F-150 Lightning can accelerate faster than any current F-150 models, targeting 0-60 mph in the mid-4 second range.**
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Range
When it comes to EVs, the big thing on everyone’s mind is their driving range. How often will you need to recharge your EV? The Ford F-150 Lightning range can be customized to suit your Troy driving habits, so you’ll never run out of a charge as you drive.
The standard-range battery of a Ford F-150 Lightning truck is an EPA-estimated 230-mile range*. For higher mileage, drivers will need to opt for the available extended-range battery to achieve the maximum Ford F-150 Lightning range of 300 miles*. Finally, the available Ford Intelligent Backup Power offers full-home power for up to three days on your charged battery– or as many as 10 days!**
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Charge Time & Features
The standard Ford F-150 Lightning charging time will depend on your home setup. The available extended-range 80-amp Ford Charge Station Pro allows you to plug in directly to your home. This system’s battery’s dual-onboard chargers will deliver a full charge overnight with 19.2 kW of power. The following features also add to the Lightning charging time and overall driving experience:
- Intelligent Range – This is a smart system that will help you keep track of your energy usage. This technology calculates your range based on weather, traffic, grade, payload, towing weights, and more.
- FordPass Power My Trip – This system allows you to plan your trip seamlessly, mapping out your route and highlighting charging stations along the way.
- Pro Power Onboard – This system delivers an available 9.6 kW of maximum power through 11 outlets in total – including 120V outlets throughout the cabin and a 240V in the bed for tougher tasks.
Test Drive the 2022 F-150 Lightning at Ford of Latham
You’ve gotten to know the 2022 Ford F-150 Lightning specs, but there’s a lot more to learn about this new Ford truck model! Visit our Latham showroom to see the new Ford F-150 Lightning in person and take a test drive.
When you’re ready, you can sit down with our finance team to review our new Ford specials and learn about the many federal and state incentives that come with buying an EV. Apply for financing today to get behind the wheel of a new Ford F-150 Lighting!
More from Ford of Latham
While power and capabilities heavily define a pickup truck, you can also have style in a brand new Ford Maverick. Express your personality or customize your truck with one of the striking 2022 Ford Maverick colors! When you go on the Troy roads, you will stand out from the crowd even with heavy traffic….
Have you been looking left and right for a capable new pickup truck that meets your tough demands? You can stop your search now as the new Ford F-150 brings a lot of power to the table. So what is the towing capacity of a Ford F-150? The maximum reaches all the way up…
This revolutionary pickup truck is available with three trim levels, it’s well equipped with hybrid technology even at the base trim level, incredible towing capabilities, and fuel-efficient features that cut the costs of your Troy drives. Check out the 2022 Ford Maverick price and trim levels to choose the vehicle that is best equipped for…
**Targeted performance reflects current status based on analytical projections consistent with the US Automotive publication processes. Final performance times will be available in the 2022 calendar year.
**When home is properly equipped and home transfer switch disconnects home from the grid. Based on 30 kW use per day using the F-150 Lightning with the extended-range battery. Your results may vary depending on energy usage.